Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lenten Photo a Day Challenge - Days 32, 34, & 35: Light, Family, Prayer

Playing a bit of catch up here on my Lenten Photo Challenge.

Day 32: Light

There's just something about that afternoon sun that comes shining through our front door.  Our pup loves to warm herself up and doze.  I love having the door open to that light.  Jesus told us that He is the way, the truth, and the light.  I pray we are always drawn to the light and willing to sit and bask in His presence.

Day 34: Family

I had a hard time trying to decide just what sort of photo would show "family."  Family can be complicated, messy, and wonderful.  So, I snapped this photo of my kitchen table because, when I looked around my home, I could picture my family at this table.  As shown, it's kind of messy right now.  But it has history.  It's beautiful underneath that big mess of "daily stuff."  It's a gorgeous oak table (and heavy, heavy, heavy) that my husband and I bought many years ago.  There are some scratches, dents, and blemishes, but we've established a relationship, if you will, with that table.  Lots of memories with family and friends and friends who've become family have been forged around that table.  Lots of laughing, serious discussions, prayers, and sometimes tears have been shared around that table.  For me, family is relationships.  For our family, we strive to prioritize our relationship with God as our most important relationship.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."  Joshua 24:15


Day 35: Prayer

Philippians 4:6 encourages us to pray about everything and worry about nothing.  The ESV translation reads, Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  I love this description of prayer.  It's an open invitation to come to God with anything and everything that's on our minds and in our hearts.  It's an invitation for friendship, counsel, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, a place to bring our burdens, a place to find direction and wisdom and a grateful heart.  Sit down with a friend today.  With Jesus.  And simply pray.  


No comments:

Post a Comment