Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lenten Photo a Day Challenge - Day 36: Wait

Wait.  Never did like this word, but I have come to see the value in it.  Wait for the Lord, the Psalmist tells us in 27:14, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.  Often that is easier said than done.  It isn't always easy to wait.  We waited for our baby for so long.  It was difficult and frustrating, but I knew in my heart that God was not telling us "No" to our family, He was telling us "Wait."  So during that time we waited (some days more gracefully than others) and trusted in God and in His timing.  But I trust in you, O Lord. I say, "You are my God."  My times are in your hands. Psalm 31:14-15.  While we waited, we kept the dialogue going with God.  We tried to use the time to draw closer to Him.  And, in His perfect timing and planning, He brought our baby to us and our family was born.  Is waiting today any easier?  No.  But while I wait I hope I wait a bit more patiently and with a bit more trust.  I pray that you do, too.  Show me your ways, O Lord; Teach me your paths.  Lead me in your truth and teach me For you are the God of my salvation; On you I wait all day.  Psalm 25:4-5





No comments:

Post a Comment